What is crown?
Crown is used to cover the entire tooth protect and strengthen damaged tooth form further decay both for children and adults. Most crowns are made from porcelain or ceramic. It is also used to improve the shape and appearance of teeth. The crown can be made to match the color of the natural teeth. Crowns are fused with gold and other alloys which makes crowns stronger. This type of crown is recommended for use on the side or back tooth.
What is the crown for?
- Instead of fillings, is cases where there is large hole in the tooth, or there is little left of the natural teeth. This will strengthen the tooth and more permanent than fillings.
- Prevent tooth decay and enamel erosion.
- Improve appearance of tooth size, shape and position.
- Used to form a dental bridge.
- To hide a discolored teeth if teeth whitening cannot improve the tooth.
- Use to cap a tooth that has undergone root canal treatment.
After getting your teeth crowned, proper care should be taken and maintain a good oral hygiene to prevent the accumulation of bacteria and the formation of plaque. In addition, do not use ice or bite teeth on hard or brittle food or objects, such as candy, beer cap, and soft drink cap. This will damage the crown and could even break the real tooth underneath.